Thanksgiving

This week we had a meeting with the temple recorders about working in the temple. There are not many opportunities for service missionaries to serve in the temple outside of the laundry. Everything like welcoming people in and scanning recommends at the front desk requires you to become an ordinance worker. Since I can’t distribute or fold clothing, they are going to have me work in the office for now. I want to become an ordinance worker so that I can have more service opportunities in the temple. After the meeting, my mom and I did an endowment session. I have now done it three times in three different temples. I love the temple and I can’t wait to spend more time in there.




We drove down to Utah on Wednesday and spent the week there with the rest of my family. It is so awesome that I get to participate in my family traditions and be here for the holidays. I love being a service missionary. We had a very fun Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's family. There were 56 of us. 



We also decorated gingerbread houses.


 I was also able to participate in the blessing of my sister Ellie’s baby. Eden is so precious. Being an uncle is the best. 


My two brothers and two of my brothers in law did a challenge to see who can eat the most big Macs in one sitting. It was very entertaining. My little brother Sawyer, who my money was on, beat the rest of the older men. He ate 7 big macs in less than an hour. Absolute beast.



One thing I learned this week is that we can be grateful for objects and inventions and material things in this life, but there is only one reason all of these things exist - Heavenly Father. Through His son, Jesus Christ, all things in heaven and Earth were created. When you are thankful for family, or nature, or toilets, or technology, or medicine, or anything you can think of, your thanks should be to God.


I am so grateful for Christ’s atonement, and His eternal sacrifice for each and every one of us. I am grateful that Heavenly Father was willing to sacrifice His son, and watch Him go through all that pain and misery, just for you and for me. 


Alma 7:

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The dive

Elder Brinton

Porter Graduated from High School