Who would you bring



I had a couple very intimate and spiritual conversations this week. One with my grandpa, and one with a member of the mission presidency. I was trying to get some insight on some questions I’ve had recently. My questions are many, but ultimately, I want to know that I am where God wants me to be, doing what He wants me to do.


These men are full of love for me and for the Lord. They both dramatically strengthened my testimony of the priesthood authority and spiritual guidance that worthy men can have.


Here is my message


In 3 Nephi 17, we read about Christ’s final moments with the people. Jesus says in verse 7,

“Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.”


I always imagine myself being brought to and  healed by Jesus. What an amazing experience that would be. Then I remember, His healing isn’t always physical. We all want to be healed. We are all afflicted. So ask yourself, if you were there, WHO WOULD YOU BRING? Who would you run to go find? Who needs Christ’s healing more than you? Who needs to feel His love? A physical healing would be beautiful, but much more beautiful would be me, in a wheelchair, bringing others to Christ to be healed as I have spiritually. I know so many people who are struggling and suffering far worse than me.


You are where God wants you to be. Not everything goes our way. In fact, things rarely do. Of all the people who have ever lived on earth, everyone goes through trials and troubles. What makes you think you would be exempt? Thankfully, your agency allows you to accept your circumstances as I have mine. It’s your choice. You can choose to be mad, you can choose to be offended, or you can choose to count your blessings and share the Light, no matter your circumstances.


I know I am where God wants me to be. Many believe I have it worse than they do, but I disagree. I am so blessed to have a friend in Christ. My testimony of His restored gospel is so strong. I am so lucky to know what I know. I am so fortunate to have experienced the things I have. I am still learning to align my will with His, but I will continue with faith in Christ and covenant confidence, hopeful of receiving my reward. I will try to serve, love, count my blessings, and be a good boy, always asking myself, WHO WOULD YOU BRING?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dive

Elder Brinton

Porter Graduated from High School