Poet?


I am no poet but here is a little poem I wrote today.

Imagine years of walking a winding road,
To a place you once knew, yet memories corrode.
Stories told of its wondrous state,
A heaven you seek, but the journey is great.


The path is long, the way is steep,

With trials and burdens that make you weep.

So many times you've wanted to quit,

The weight on your shoulders, a heavy kit.


You stumble upon a mountain high,

Daunting and massive, you feel you can't try.

Overwhelmed, you fall to the ground,

Hopeless and lost, no way around.


In desperation, you beg for aid,

In your lowest moment, feeling afraid.

Through your sobs, gentle words you hear,

A warm voice whispers, "My child, I’m here"


Two strong arms lift you high,

You see His scars and start to cry. 

Suddenly memories start to flow,

Of that special place you used to know.


Heaven is no longer so far away, 

For you are found, and you want to stay.

His sweet smile envelops your soul,

Peace and love have made you whole.



Nobody’s path is straight. Mortality sucks. Trust me, I know. This life brings stumbling blocks, challenges, temptations, trials, steep drops, sheer mountains, left turns, right turns, squiggles, and zigzags into our path.


As you probably already know, my life was drastically changed 3 years ago. Life threw me a curveball that none of us were expecting. A mountain was suddenly placed before me. One that I did not want. One that would be the cause of much sacrifice and service from those closest to me. One that I could never and will never conquer alone. Through this journey, I have found God. Many would ask if I was angry with Him. Why would I be? He has been with me through it all. I have drawn closer to Christ and now rely on Him more than anything else. I have seen many miracles, learned many things, and have come to realize many blessings. I literally can’t imagine going through life without knowing what I know.


People say that they are amazed by my attitude and optimism. People tell me they don’t understand how I live my life with joy. I take no credit. It is not me that is awesome. It’s Jesus Christ. God has blessed me with an eternal perspective and allows me to wake up every day with a smile on my face. 


President Nelson said, “He took upon Himself your misery, your mistakes, your weakness, and your sins. He paid the compensatory price and provided the power for you to move every mountain you will ever face. You obtain that power with your faith, trust, and willingness to follow Him.


Moving your mountains may require a miracle. Learn about miracles. Miracles come according to your faith in the Lord. Central to that faith is trusting His will and timetable—how and when He will bless you with the miraculous help you desire. Only your unbelief will keep God from blessing you with miracles to move the mountains in your life.”


I know that while not all circumstances turn out like we may hope and pray for, God’s miracles will always come according to His will, His timing, and His plan for us. Learning to have faith and align our will with God’s is one of life’s greatest challenges. Just remember what Jesus has done for you. He knows you and loves you perfectly. 


Luke 3:

5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;


6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dive

Elder Brinton

Porter Graduated from High School