Resurrection

I love being a missionary. I have been asked to meet with one of the priests in my ward who was  baptized a couple of years ago. He wants to learn about and become more familiar with the book of Mormon. I am excited about that and think it’ll be a great missionary opportunity. I also I think I will get to help teach the lessons to a little girl before she is baptized, so I’m super excited about that too. At church I saw one of my buddies who is preparing for his mission. We are going to do a temple/gospel study night together. Service missions are the best and provide so many amazing opportunities. 

I love talking about the gospel. Recently, I have had a couple of people reach out and ask my thoughts about some gospel questions. I love thinking about and trying to answer them. I know I don’t know everything and still have a ton to learn, but I love thinking through and talking about things. Here’s one question I would love to share.


What will our bodies be like when we are resurrected? Will the lame walk? Will the deaf hear? Maybe the idea of a perfect body is different than we think.


Here are some of my thoughts: 


President Russell M. Nelson has taught about the resurrection, emphasizing that our spirits will be reunited with our bodies in their perfect form, free from ANY physical flaws or limitations we might have experienced in mortality.


“The spirit and the body shall be reunited again in its perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame, . . . and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but EVERY THING shall be restored to its PERFECT frame” (Alma 11:43–44)


“Every fundamental part of every body will be restored to its proper place again in the resurrection, no matter what may become of the body in death. If it be burned by fire, eaten by sharks, no matter what. Every fundamental part of it will be restored to its own proper place.” (Joseph Fielding Smith, “Chapter 3: The Plan of Salvation)



We Can Be Made Perfect through Christ:


 “I bear witness of that day when loved ones whom we knew to have disabilities in mortality will stand before us glorified and grand, breathtakingly perfect in body and mind. What a thrilling moment that will be! I do not know whether we will be happier for ourselves that we have witnessed such a miracle or happier for them that they are fully perfect and finally ‘free at last.’ Until that hour when Christ’s consummate gift is evident to us all, may we live by faith, hold fast to hope, and show ‘compassion one of another’ [1 Peter 3:8].”


—Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles



One more quote I love: “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9).


All these things and many more have reassured me that everyone will be in a perfect body. While we may not have all the details now of what “perfect” looks like, we cannot even understand currently how amazing and wonderful life will be after death. Even the glory of the telestial kingdom is beyond our comprehension. The power of Jesus Christ will perfect all of us, beyond what we can currently imagine. It's a difficult but beautiful thing for me to have hope and patience while looking forward with faith to that day when all things will be made right through the Savior. I love the doctrine of resurrection. I invite you to study it and learn about it. 


I know I will walk again. The Lord loves us and wants nothing more than for us to be happy. If we love and serve the Lord, all things will work together for our good.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porter Graduated from High School

Elder Brinton

The dive